Types of Aid
The Office of Financial Aid will determine the types of aid that you can receive based on the information from your FAFSA/TASFA. You can also apply for scholarships through the Office of Scholarships or jobs (work-study) through Handshake.
Tarleton offers short-term loan options to help students keep their classes, meal plans, and housing assignments while they work to resolve pending financial assistance (i.e. financial aid, scholarships, veteran services, athletics).
Short-term loans are a resource available to any Tarleton student who:
- Has outstanding items that will not be resolved before the tuition payment deadline
- Cannot get an appointment with financial aid to resolve aid issues before the tuition payment deadline
- Experiencing a temporary financial difficulty
Applying for a short-term loan takes ten minutes and there is a small fee associated. Get started on the process by following these steps:
- Make sure you are using the Chrome or Firefox browser
- Log into myGateway
- Select DuckTrax
- Select Texan Bill Pay and enroll in a tuition payment plan
- Go back to DuckTrax and select Online Services & Financial Aid
- Select Short-Term Loan Application