Financial aid availability and requirements for the summer semester may be different compared to the fall and spring semesters. Below is the information you need to know if you plan on using financial aid in the summer.
How to Qualify
- Must have a 2022-2023 FAFSA on TASFA on file for Summer 2023 aid
- Aid will not be available to you until you enroll in summer classes
• Must be enrolled at least half-time to qualify (exceptions for PELL grant may apply)
• Texas Grant requires enrollment of at least 9 credit hours
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in Spring 2023 if you are a continuing or returning student
When Does Aid Disburse?
Summer 2023 – May 6, 2023
Aid will disburse on an ongoing basis throughout the summer as funds allow.
The type of aid available to you in the summer depends on your enrollment status and the information you provided on your FAFSA or TASFA application.
|PELL Grant||1-5 credit hours- availability depends on individual student circumstances|
6-11 credit hours- partial awards available
12+ credit hours- full awards available
|Texas Grant||9+ credit hours|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)||6+ credit hours|
|Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG)||6+ credit hours|
|Tarleton Summer Grant||6+ credit hours|
|Federal and Parent PLUS Loans||Availability depends on annual borrowing limits- https://www.tarleton.edu/finaid/typesofaid/federal-direct/|
|Federal and Graduate PLUS Loans||Availability depends on annual borrowing limits- https://www.tarleton.edu/finaid/typesofaid/federal-direct/|
Withdrawing from Summer Classes
If you withdraw from summer classes after you have received summer financial aid, you may have to return part of the aid awarded to you. More information regarding withdrawal can be found here: https://www.tarleton.edu/finaid/manage-aid/withdrawal/
It is always a good idea to talk to a financial aid advisor before withdrawing from a class to see how that may impact your aid.
Schedule an Appointment
Prospective students are students that have been admitted but have not enrolled in classes, applied but have not received an admission decision, or have not applied for admission.
Please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
- Login to EAB Navigate with your UID and password (same as myGateway). If you have problems with your password, use Tarleton Password Manager or call 254-968-9885 to reset your password.
- Select schedule an appointment
- Select Texan Services as the appointment type
- Choose how you would like your appointment to be conducted (in person, by phone, zoom chat)