STEPHENVILLE, Texas — Tarleton State University Homecoming traditions take center stage Oct. 23-29, beginning with the Memorial Homecoming 5K run at 5 p.m. Sunday.
Festivities continue each night, with Sunday’s Lighting of the Smokestack and culminating in the Texans’ football matchup with Sam Houston State.
The Silver Bugle Hunt, a university-wide scavenger hunt that harkens back more than 70 years, is Monday; Launching of the Ducks and Purple Pancakes are Tuesday, and Wednesday features the Yell Contest, Snake Dance and Beating of the Drum. The Purple Out Picnic and concert are on the menu for Thursday.
The weekend kicks off Friday with a full slate of activities, capped by the L.V. Risinger Memorial Bonfire. The Homecoming parade and tailgate party take place Saturday.
Tarleton outreach campuses are in the spirit, too. Fort Worth will serve up Purple Pancakes and have a Purple Out Picnic. Waco plans a Homecoming Hoedown, and both sites will roll out their version of Launching of the Ducks.
Homecoming 2022 events:
Sunday, Oct. 23
- 5 p.m. – Memorial Homecoming 5K Run, Rudder Way at Rome Street
- 7:30 p.m. – Lighting of the Smokestack, P5 parking lot
Monday, Oct. 24sunday
- 11:30 a.m. – Alumni faculty-staff luncheon, Thompson Student Center ballrooms
- 5:30 p.m. – Launching of the Ducks, Fort Worth front lawn
- 6:30 p.m. – Silver Bugle Hunt, Trogdon House
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- Noon – Purple Pancakes, Fort Worth
- 5:30 p.m. – Launching of the Ducks, Nursing Building reflecting pool
- 9:14 p.m. – Walk Like a Sigma, Dining Hall patio
- 10 p.m. – Purple Pancakes, Dining Hall patio
Wednesday, Oct. 26
- 10 a.m. – Homecoming Hoedown, Waco
- Noon – Launching of the Ducks, Waco PAC fountain
- 9 p.m. – Yell Contest, Snake Dance and Beating of the Drum, Wisdom Gym
- 9 p.m. – Yell Bingo, Thompson Student Center
Thursday, Oct. 27
- 5:30 p.m. – Purple Out Picnic, Fort Worth front lawn
- 6 p.m. – Purple Out Picnic, Meet the Homecoming Court, Aquatics Center parking/P21
- 8 p.m. – Purple Out Concert, Aquatics Center parking/P21
Friday, Oct. 28
- 10:30 a.m. – J. Dixon White Homecoming Golf Tournament, Squaw Valley Golf Course, Glen Rose
- Noon-5 p.m. – Welcome Home Bash, Alumni Association House
- 5 p.m. – Alumni Homecoming Kick-off Social, Alumni Association House
- 8 p.m. – L.V. Risinger Memorial Bonfire, Agriculture Center
Saturday, Oct. 29
- 8 a.m. – College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Breakfast, Agriculture Center
- 8 a.m. – Welcome Home Breakfast and Parade Watch Party, Alumni Association House
- 10 a.m. – 2022 Homecoming Parade, encircling campus via Washington and Mcllhaney streets
- Noon – Student Life Reunion Hall, Thompson Student Center ballrooms
- 2 p.m. – Texan Alley and Alumni Homecoming Tailgate Party, Texan Alley
- 3:40 p.m. – Pointe du Hoc, Dining Hall to Rudder statue
- 7 p.m. – Tarleton Texans vs. Sam Houston State, Memorial Stadium/Crowning of Homecoming Queen and King
For the latest information about Homecoming, visit www.tarleton.edu/homecoming.A founding member of The Texas A&M University System, Tarleton transforms generations by inspiring discovery, leadership and inclusion through teaching and research. Degree programs for almost 15,000 students in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian, A&M-RELLIS, and online emphasize real-world learning that addresses regional needs while sustaining the values of excellence, integrity and respect.