Steps to Apply
Whether you are a first-time freshman, transferring from a different institution, returning to Tarleton as a Readmit, or visiting Tarleton for the semester as a Transient Student – there are common steps required to complete your application process. Test scores and transcript requirements will differ, please review your requirements below.
Undergraduate Transfers, Readmits, Transient, Post-Baccalaureate
|Spring 2022 1st 8-Week||January 19|
|Spring 2022 2nd 8-Week||March 16|
|Summer 2022||July 5|
|Fall 2022 1st 8-Week||August 10|
|Fall 2022 2nd 8-Week||October 1|
Undergraduate International Freshman and Transfer Students
Step 1: Complete One Application for Admissions
Tarleton has no preference for one type of application over another, but it is important that you submit only one per admissions cycle.
- Tarleton Undergraduate Application
- ApplyTexas Application
Step 2: Pay Your Application Fee
The $50 non-refundable application fee can be paid:
- Electronically with either application
- Online at Tarleton State University
- Check or money order by mail to:
Stephenville, TX 76402
If you have requested a fee waiver, review and submit required documentation.
Step 3: Submit Your Transcripts and Test Scores
- Submit a current official high school transcript. If a transcript is sent prior to high school graduation, a final transcript it required after graduation. Please review first-time freshmen classification to determine other requirements.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (optional). Effective Spring 2020 forward: Official SAT and ACT test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Tarleton will not accept test scores from the high school.
Tarleton’s SAT code is 6817.
Tarleton’s ACT code is 4204.
For all Other Applicants
Submit official transcripts from all regionally accredited college level institutions previously attended. Please review transfer, readmit, transient, and post-baccalaureate requirements.
Unofficial transcripts, including photocopies of official transcripts will not be accepted. Tarleton does not accept transcripts sent by fax.
- U.S. Freshman: applicant who has not accumulated college credit after high school
- U.S. Transfer: applicant who is transferring coursework completed at another institution at least one long semester after high school graduation and is seeking a degree with Tarleton State University
- Readmit Undergrad: applicant who has completed coursework with Tarleton State University and is returning after one or more long semester(s) absence
- Transfer student with Tarleton credit: applicant who has completed coursework with Tarleton State University and is returning after one or more long semester(s) absence and has completed coursework at another institution in the interim
- Transient: applicant who is not seeking a degree with Tarleton State University and only wishes to attend one semester. Student must have attended another institution (ex. Spring) and be returning to the same institution the following semester (Fall) to attend as a Transient
- Intl. Freshman: applicant has graduated from a U.S. High School with a visa or from an international institution.
Post Baccalaureate Students will apply as U.S. Transfer Students