Information Students Have a Right to Know
According to federal regulations, colleges and universities that administer Federal Title IV funds must disclose certain information to prospective and enrolled students, parents and their employees. The student consumer information includes:
- Code of Conduct related to Student Loan Activities (Financial Aid Code of Conduct),
- Information about the school’s academic programs and policies,
- Financial assistance information,
- Information on graduation and completion rates, and
- Information about the school’s security policies and crime statistics report.
The following information and links provide available Tarleton State University disclosures and contact information.
Academic Programs and Policies
Information on Accreditation, Academic departments and degrees. Adaptive Educational Services, Contact information, Testing information, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention, and Release of Student Records.
- Accreditation: Tarleton State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degrees.
- Commission on Colleges
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
- Commission on Colleges
- Accreditation of individual schools and academic programs
- Student Disability Services: a comprehensive listing of available services to students, faculty, and staff with disabilities.
- Academic Departments & Degrees Offered: information about Tarleton’s academic departments and degree programs.
- Contact Tarleton: Visit our Welcome Center for general questions.
- For student related complaint, conflict, or concern.
- Academic Testing
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs: Campus policies on drug and alcohol use.
- Release of Student Records: Tarleton’s access, confidentiality and disclosure of student records policy.
Financial Assistance Information
- Tuition & Fee Estimator and the Business Services Office: The cost of attendance estimator and detailed tuition and fees information from the Business Services Office.
- Financial Literacy: information on effective debt management services.
- Refund Policy at Tarleton: information on receiving refunds at Tarleton.
- Return of Title IV Aid
- Student Loan information: Links to loan information and to entrance and exit counseling information.
- Withdrawing and Financial Aid: Information on the impact to your aid for official withdrawal or unofficial withdrawal.
Graduation/Completion Rates and Athletic Information
- Athletic Programs: Tarleton State University Athletic Programs.
- Equity in Athletics
- Undergraduate Graduation Rates
- Student-Athlete Graduation Rates
Campus Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report
- Campus Police: Campus Police site
- Campus Statistics and Security Policies: Tarleton Crime Statistics, Safety Information, and Security policies.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Report
- Emergency Preparedness: Information for the campus in the event of an emergency or disaster.
Additional Financial Aid Links
Federal Student Aid and Other Federal Links
- Office of Inspector General Hotline: 1-800-MIS-USED or email [email protected] to report student aid fraud (including identity theft), waste or abuse of U.S. Department of Education funds.
- Selective Service System: check your selective service registration or register online. If you are a man ages 19-25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service.
- Federal Student Aid: your source for information, guidance, and tools from the U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid.
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook: information on a wide range of career including salary information.