Tarleton Libraries offers research and informational assistance you can access in a variety of ways:
- Call: 254-968-9249 (Dick Smith Library) or 817-717-3315 (Rickett Library).
- Text: 254-275-4034
- Email: [email protected]
- Schedule an appointment (in person or virtual) with a Librarian.
- Visit: anytime during regular library hours.
- Send questions to Ask a Librarian.
- View research tips help below.
The information listed below is designed to answer your questions and make your research endeavors more efficient and less stressful.
- Learn definitions from our Glossary of Library Terms.
- Use our Subject Guides as starting points.
- Check out Tarleton Libraries 101 and Dick Smith Library 101.
- Get research strategies from the tutorials linked below.
- Start your research
- Create effective searches
- Identify search terms
- Keep a research log
- Use search tactics
- Use citations to find sources
- Figure out citation types
- Publication Finder: Track down articles
- Catalog: Track down books
- Evaluate research findings
- Follow academic integrity standards
- Citing Sources
- Research Ethically and Avoid Plagiarism
- Aiming for Integrity: How Well Do You Know Plagiarism?: A plagiarism quiz from Turnitin. Quiz results can be emailed.
- How to Avoid Plagiarism and Self-Plagiarism: Learn how to avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism, including how to identify plagiarism, understand its risks and consequences, cite sources properly, and develop sound writing practices. From APA Style CENTRAL © 2016 American Psychological Association. (Note: If the tutorial doesn’t load the first time, please try selecting the link again.)