Many online books are also available through the library catalog.
Some resources will require you to supply your NTNET username and password.
- ABC-CLIO Ebooks: History ebooks
- Bartleby.com: Contemporary and classic reference works as well as a wide range of fiction and non-fiction.
- Digital Book Index: Pver 72,000 titles including both commercial and non-commercial eBooks.
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) – Searchable database of academic books available under Open Access licenses.
- Documenting the American South: Texts, images, and audio files related to Southern history, literature, and culture.
- Credo Reference: Covers the primary disciplines of Higher Education.
- eBook Collection (EBSCO): Thousands of e-books on a variety of academic subjects and some fiction.
- Ebooks via FirstSearch (OCLC): Online electronic books cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
- E-print Network: Scientific / technical documents to facilitate peer exchange and collaboration for the advancement of science.
- eScholarship: Books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction.
- Google Books: Search full-text scans of books and magazines stored in Google’s digital database of more than 10 million titles.
- HathiTrust Digital Library: A partnership of academic & research institutions, offering millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- JSTOR: eBooks and journals on a variety of topics. Subject areas include the humanities, science and social science.
- Library of Southern Literature: Documents the riches and diversity of the Southern experience as presented in 100 of its most important literary works.
- Making of America: Primary sources in American social history primarily from the antebellum period through reconstruction. Subject areas include education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology.
- Open Library: Borrow and read freely available digitized books. Links to purchasing books and finding them in nearby libraries.
- OverDrive: Check out fiction and non-fiction eBooks and audiobooks, mostly leisure reading. Downloadable or read in browser.
- Posner Memorial Collection: Digitized books available for online reading, focusing on landmark titles of the history of western science.
- Project Gutenberg: Online library of free eBooks, including a wide variety of classical titles and authors. Downloadable or read in browser.
- ProQuest Ebook Central (ProQuest): access to full-text ebooks in a wide range of subject areas.
- Scientific American: Online access to the Scientific American magazine that offers relevant discoveries and analysis in all areas of scientific research.
- SIAM ebooks: The Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics ebooks.
- SpringerLINK eBooks: Scientific eBooks and documents published by Springer. Downloadable PDFs by book or chapter.
- Taylor & Francis Ebooks: eBooks in science, technology, engineering, medical, humanities and social science.
- University of Pennsylvania Online Books: Access to online book collections, including Banned Books Online, a Celebration of Women Writers, Prize Winners Online, and much more.
- Wiley Online Publications: ebooks from over 60 different subjects and research areas.