How to Become a Peer Tutor for The Tutoring and Learning Center
Tutors for The Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) are students who excel academically, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are motivated by a desire to help their fellow TSU students. The TLC hires tutors in a variety of subjects based on demand that semester. The application does not list every subject, so please list your preference under the tab “other”.
The minimum requirements for becoming a tutor are:
- Current enrollment as an TSU student
- A’s or B’s in the courses you’ll tutor
- A consistent overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Availability to participate in training sessions
- Must be able to devote an entire semester to being employed as a tutor
If you meet the requirements above, we encourage you to apply for a position as a Peer Tutor.
If you have questions about the position, you may visit us at the Dick Smith Library, the Lower Level, Suite 10 (Office B10A), email [email protected] or call the office at (254) 968-9293.