What Criteria is Used to Select Courses for SI?
The following criteria are used to determine the priority in which courses receive SI, supported by the Tutoring and Learning Center:
- Support of Department Chairperson
- Support of Instructor(s) for the course
- Large percentage (>30%) of D, F, and withdrawals course grade distributions
- SI vs. Non-SI participant final course grade received
- Number of contact hours spent in SI sessions for course
- Number of students repeating the course
- Perceived level of difficulty
The TLC is willing to offer SI support to new courses which may not fall in the categories listed above provided the department can assist with funding.