The Tutoring and Learning Center offers tutoring services on the Fort Worth campus, located in the Rickett Library Learning Commons, and online to all Tarleton students at any campus location.
The Writing Lab assists students in all courses in brainstorming, drafting, organization, formatting and citation style, revision, and finalization.
- Hours of Availability (online):
- Friday 12pm – 5pm
- Saturday 12pm – 5pm
The Accounting Lab assists students with accounting, statistics, and finance concepts.
- Courses include, but are not limited to:
- ACCT 2301, 2302, 3300, 3301, 3302, 3303, 3304, 3305, 3310, 4090, 4301, 4303, 4305, 4306, 4323, 4324
- BUSI 2311 (2305) , 4359, 5365
- FINC 3301, 5307
- 5000 level COBA courses (5101, 5102, 5103)
- Hours of Availability (in-person and online):
- Monday: 4pm – 9pm
- Tuesday: 4pm – 9pm
- Wednesday: 4pm – 9pm
- Saturday: 12pm – 4pm
Connecting with a tutor and our office:
The Tutoring Office is open Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
To make an on campus or online appointment in advance, call or email the Tutoring Office at 254-968-9293 or [email protected]. If needed, please also contact our office to reschedule or cancel existing appointments.
Students are strongly encouraged to make an advanced appointment (made by 5pm the business day prior to the appointment) by contacting the Tutoring Office. On campus walk-ins are welcome, but those with an advanced appointment will be given priority.
Advanced online appointments can be made through the Tutoring Office. Same day appointments are also available online during the tutors hours of availability. To make a same day appointment outside of the Tutoring Office’s regular business hours (after 5pm on a weekday or on the weekend), you will need to email the tutor directly to check if they have same day availability:
- Writing Lab: Hannah Laskoskie at [email protected]
- Accounting Lab: Steven Roberts at [email protected]
Once you have made an appointment, you will be contacted by the tutor through your Tarleton email. You will receive your unique GoBoard ID or link that will connect you to them. Please check your Tarleton email for a message from your tutor.
If you would like to explore the features of GoBoard on your own, possibly before your appointment, follow these steps:
- Go to: tarleton.goboard.com
- Click “Create a new GoBoard” and then “I’m a Student”.
- Enter your name and Tarleton email and start exploring.