Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader Job Opportunities
- Make periodic announcements about the availability of the SI sessions to the students.
- Ensure that all surveys are distributed and assist with data analysis.
- Collect attendance data for every SI session, including student names, course title, date, and time of session.
- Administer end-of-term evaluation to SI class to get student input on effectiveness of the SI program.
- Assist the SI supervisor in the preparation of end-of-term reports and other reports as requested.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Model appropriate behaviors to staff, students, and others.
- Provide the SI supervisor with an up-to-date schedule of your SI sessions.
- Notify your SI supervisor in advance if you cannot conduct a SI session as scheduled.
- Undergraduate (above the classification level of freshman) or graduate student.
- A consistent cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- A grade of A in the selected or similar course is required (on rare exceptions we will allow individuals with a B to SI leaders if recommended and other requirements have been met); prior enrollment with the professor who is to teach the selected course is preferred but not a requirement.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are required.
If you meet the qualifications above, please consider applying for a position as a SI leader.
If you have questions about the position, you may visit us at the Dick Smith Library, the Lower Level, Suite 10 (Office B10F), email [email protected], or call the office at (254) 968-9009.