Undergraduate Funding Limit Appeal
Filing an Undergraduate Funding Limit Appeal
All students who wish to file an appeal must submit a completed Appeal Form. You may print the form or pick one up at Texan Services in the Tarleton Center. Students must submit all tuition payments on time including any additional fees, regardless of submitting an Appeal Form, or they will be dropped for non-payment.
Students must complete the “Student” section, have their advisor sign and complete the required section, and return the form to our office located in the Tarleton Center at the Texan Services desk. The form can also be scanned and emailed to the Office of the Registrar or faxed to 254-968-9389.
If the Appeal Board waives the additional charges, this portion of your tuition would then be refunded to you.
Students should attach any documentation that supports their claim. The Appeal Board will review all documentation. Examples of supporting documents include:
- Evidence or information surrounding extenuating circumstances beyond personal control (accident, financial, hardship, military service, health, family)
- Transcripts from previously attended institutions
The Appeal Form must be returned to the Office of the Registrar no later than 1 business day prior to the next Appeal Board meeting for consideration. Failure to file an appeal at least 1 business day prior to the last Appeal Board meeting will forfeit your opportunity to file an appeal for the current semester.
For any questions regarding the Appeal Form or the Appeal process, please email the Office of the Registrar or call us at 254-968-9121. For any questions regarding how the additional charges affect your financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at 254-968-9070.
It is mandatory that each student appears before the committee to present his/her case. This allows the committee the opportunity to pose any questions they may have or request additional information.
The Office of the Registrar will contact you via your @go.tarleton.edu email to notify you of your appointment time.
- You will have approximately 5 minutes to state your case before the Appeal Board.
- The Appeal Board will then deliberate and notify you of the Appeal Board’s decision. You will also receive notification in writing of the Appeal Board’s decision at the contact address provided on your Appeal Form.
- Failure to appear during your assigned appointment time will waive your right to an appeal.
- The Appeal Board’s decision is on a semester by semester basis. You must file an appeal for every semester you are affected by the Undergraduate Funding Limit Rule.
- The Appeal Board will meet in the Administration Annex II, Room 107.
Appeal Board Meetings
The Appeal Board meetings for students affected by the additional tuition rates for violating the Undergraduate Funding Limit Rule and/or the 3-Peat rule for Spring 2023 are as follows:
|Appeal Form Deadline||Appeal Board Meeting Date|
|Monday, January 2, 2023||Thursday, January 5, 2023|
|Monday, January 2, 2023||Friday, January 6, 2023|
Appeals must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.