Financial Aid Consortium
Tarleton State University participates in the Financial Aid Consortium program, which coordinates credit hours between partner institutions to financially assist students. Undergraduate students interested must be enrolled at Tarleton State University with a minimum of 3 hours for the fall, spring, or summer semester. Students must fill out a consortium agreement each semester they participate in the program and return the completed consortium agreement to the Tarleton’s Office of the Registrar prior to the 12th class day for processing.
Notification of participation in the financial aid consortium will be emailed to a student’s go.tarleton.edu email address. Students should always check their go.tarleton.edu account or forward it to their personal email. For help with your Tarleton email account, please email the Helpdesk.
- Courses taken at the community college (host institution)are verified by our office for transferability and use towards a degree plan.
- Students are encouraged to verify the transferability of their courses to Tarleton prior to submitting the consortium agreement TCCNS Developmental and audited courses are not eligible for the financial aid consortium.
- Courses approved for the consortium agreement will be added to the students’ Tarleton registration, increasing the number of hours they are registered for.
- Tuition and fees will be charged separately for the courses taken at the respective community college (host institution).
- Make satisfactory academic progress as specified by the Tarleton State University Satisfactory Progress policy.
All financial aid specific to classes taken at a partner institution should be submitted to Tarleton State University's Financial Aid Office. Students are responsible for paying the tuition and fees at the consortium partner institution by their deadlines. Tarleton State University will not send payments on behalf of the student to the consortium institution.
Tarleton State University has Financial Aid Consortium agreements with the following institutions:
- Austin Community College
- Hill College
- McLennan Community College
- Navarro College
- Ranger College
- Tarrant County College
- Weatherford College
- Texas A&M: RELLIS
Students are responsible for making arrangements or paying the tuition and fees at the community college (host institution) by the deadline. Tarleton State University cannot send payments on behalf of the student to the community college in advance. Students will be reimbursed for the tuition and fees they must pay at the community college (host institution) through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. once classes begin at Tarleton for the specified semester. Visit the Business Office website for more information on BankMobile Disbursements or visit BankMobile Disbursements Refund Choices page.
Tuition & Fees Reimbursement
- Student are responsible for making arrangements or paying the tuition and fees at the community college by their deadlines.
- Tarleton State University cannot send payments on behalf of the student to the community college.
- Students will be reimbursed for the tuition and fees they must pay at the community college (host institution) through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. once classes begin at Tarleton for the specified semester. Visit Business Services for more information on BankMobile Disbursements or visit BankMobile Disbursements Refund Choices page.
Warnings & Exclusions
- Please note a registration hold will be placed on the student’s record until an official transcript has been received from the partner institution once the semester has concluded.
- If Tarleton State University does not receive an official transcript at the end of the semester, the registration hold will remain on the student’s record thus possibly affecting the ability to register for future semesters and receiving an official transcript from Tarleton.
- Audited and Developmental courses are not eligible for the Financial Aid Consortium program.
- Students may not receive financial aid from one of the Financial Aid Consortium partner institutions, Financial aid must go through Tarleton State University.
If you have questions regarding the Financial Aid Consortium program you may email the Office of the Registrar or contact us via phone at 254-968-9121, or contact the Financial Aid office at one of the partner institutions. For information regarding student financial aid at Tarleton State University, visit the Financial Aid website.