Calendar Tutorial for LiveWhale Calendar System
In 2016 Tarleton State University switched to LiveWhale, a highly flexible calendar system with a user friendly interface, as the official calendar system for marketing and promoting Tarleton events and activities.
We’ve changed our procedures to allow faculty, staff, graduate assistants, and student worker access to add their own events into the calendar system to display on their websites and all other appropriate calendars, reducing the previous bottleneck in the event management process. Web Services is no longer adding the events in for the entire campus and instead focusing on its maintenance and approval of events to display on the Tarleton homepage.
We realize the importance of providing as much training and consultation to allow calendar maintainers to use the calendar system themselves. This calendar tutorial website is intended to provide you with the independent instruction, but Web Services is happy to consult on any calendar requests.
- Get ready for finals! Time to get all those study events in the calendar system, not to mention the free brain food. This provide direction on how we are promoting your finals events.
- Promoting a major event? What kind of information about your events do you want displayed? Contact University Web Strategy for a consultation regarding the best way to display your events. See an example used for the Commencement Ceremonies.
- Should you delete the event or cancel it? Find out what happens to the event in LiveWhale.
- What events should be approved or rejected from your calendar? Can you edit or remove them even if you approved them? Find out what calendar group owners can do.
- Trying to figure out how to display a recurring event? Learn the pros and cons of different solutions.
Web Services – Main Office
Box T-0880, Stephenville, TX 76402