Your Gateway to Financial Aid
It Pays to be a Texan!
We believe that students should not be burdened with debt when they get out of college. That’s why we offer scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study opportunities that offset the estimated cost of attendance.
Scholarships are amazing! Why? Because you don’t have to pay them back. Tarleton offers over 500 scholarships, and the best thing is you only have to fill out one application. We do the leg work to make sure you get all the money you are eligible for. Don’t let your GPA go unrewarded! Apply!
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Texas Application for State Financial Aid
Everyone should fill out a FAFSA, you can miss out on so many opportunities if you don’t. This will give you the most options when it comes to paying for college. And we use the FAFSA to award scholarships as well.
Financial Aid & Business Services Glossary
- Loan– A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest.
- Subsidized Loan– Interest is paid by the Education Department while you’re enrolled at least half-time in college.
- Unsubsidized Loan- Interest begins accruing as soon as the loan is disbursed, including while students are enrolled in school.
- Grant– A grant is a form of financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund, or you receive a TEACH Grant and don’t complete your service obligation).
- Scholarships– This type of free money, which is sometimes based on academic merit, talent, or a particular area of study, can make a real difference in helping you manage your education expenses.
- Work-Study Jobs- The Federal Work-Study Program allows you to earn money to pay for school by working part-time.
- Aid for Military Families– There are special aid programs or additional aid eligibility for serving in the military or for being the spouse or child of a veteran.
- Payment Plan– The payment plan allows students to use one of the interest-free monthly payment plans to pay tuition, fees, student housing, and meal plan charges.
- Texan Bill Pay– Texan Bill Pay allows students and authorized users to view account statements and pay tuition and fee bills.
- Authorized User– The authorized user feature allows a family member or employer, etc. to receive notifications when a statement is available, make payments, view account activity, and print an On Demand statement.
- Negative Balance– Typically this is not a good thing, but if you get an alert saying your Texan Bill Pay has a negative balance, that is a good thing! It means you will get a refund.
- Refund– A FAFSA refund check is provided to students as “extra” money that is left over from a student’s financial aid package. When a student receives a financial aid refund check, it will be after the financial aid covers: Tuition, fees, room, and board.
- Texan Smart– Texan Smart is a financial education center that provides support and guidance to Tarleton Students. We help students understand their financial situations and explore various options and resources.