Become a Residential Leader-Application opens January 3, 2023 and closes January 25th, 2023
Residential Leaders provide support to their peers within the community that they reside in (floor/building). RLs foster community relationships, mentor residents, and support learning through citizenship for the wholistic success of all Texans.
- RLs must be in good academic (minimum 2.5 GPA), financial, and conduct standing as defined by Tarleton State University.
- The Residential Leader team is diverse with some common characteristics such as excellent communication skills, ability to develop meaningful relationships and prioritize responsibilities.
- Residential Leaders also receive a housing assignment at no charge, meal plan, and a stipend based on RL experience ($350/semester for first year) and ($450/semester for returning RL).
Brief Overview of Position Requirements
- Build Community- Act as a role model and ambassador for Tarleton State.
- Student Development- Access the needs of your community, connect residents with resources and initiate planned and spontaneous community building events.
- Administrative- Update community member information.
- Promote Well-Being/Safety & Security- Responds promptly to all safety and health concerns while following department and university guidelines.
- Service- Prioritize communication with residents.
- Teamwork & Collaboration- Work together to achieve department, division, and institution goals and objectives.
- Diversity & Respect- Seek to understand the experiences of other individuals and groups.
- Initiative- Share and help implement ideas for improvement.
- Accountability- Produce high quality work in a timely manner and communicate with supervisors.
- Support for Productivity- Show up for scheduled work shifts and meetings on time.
- Personal Growth & Development- Engage in one on one personal growth meeting with your Residential Hall Director and attend training’s and continuous development opportunities.
- Login to TexanSync (Application will be available in January 2023)
- Select Forms
- Find 2023-2024 Residential Leader Application