Residency Information

If you have been classified as a “non-resident”, you must submit a written request for reclassification and proof of residence to the Graduate Admissions Office. An Application for Reclassification can be completed and submitted with the appropriate documents to:

The College of Graduate Studies
Box T-0350
Stephenville, TX 76402

Applications for reclassification must be submitted prior to the official census date of the relevant term. You have the burden of proof to show by clear and convincing evidence that residence or domicile, as appropriate, has been established and maintained according to the rules.

If you have any questions or need further information on residency, please email the College of Graduate Studies or call 254-968-9104.

Military Personnel and Their Dependents

Resident military personnel and their dependents are classified as residents, provide they maintain Texas as the Official Home of Record with the military service Nonresident military personnel must submit an Active Duty Military Certification form to receive the tuition waiver. The spouse or child of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who has been assigned to duty elsewhere immediately following assignment to duty in Texas is entitled to pay the tuition fees and other fees or charges provide for Texas residents as long as the spouse or child resides continuously in Texas. Nonresident military personnel who have separated or retired from military service while stationed in Texas and who intend to remain in Texas may be classified as residents provide certain actions are taken by the soldier one year prior to enrollment. Please contact the Admissions Office and the Military Veterans Service Center for information.

Determination of Residence for Tuition Purposes

Residency status is based on information obtained from your application for admission. It is your responsibility to answer all questions on the application for admission accurately and honestly.

Out-of-state tuition waivers are available for some Graduate Assistantship positions. For more information, please visit our Graduate Assistantship page.

If you believe that your residency status may be incorrect, please contact the College of Graduate Studies.