Who can benefit from counseling at Student Counseling Services?
- Any individual enrolled as a student at Tarleton State University may seek our services.
- If you are faculty, staff or parents, you may reach out for a consultation, but please understand no information about any student will be shared with you.
How much do our services cost?
- Our services have already been paid for in your student fees through tuition.
How long is a typical session?
- A typical session is about 60 minutes
- This time could vary based on what you and your counselor decide upon.
Will anyone find out if I seek services?
- Our services are completely confidential. No information will be released about any client seeking services at Student Counseling Services. The only reasons confidentiality could be broken is if there is risk of immediate danger to a client or someone else, reported ongoing abuse of children, elderly, or disabled, or a court subpoena.
What if I’m not on the Stephenville Campus?
- Student Counseling Services is open on the Fort Worth Learning Center- Central Administration Building Room 150 (Entrance by the Flag Poles). We are offering full services Monday-Thursday 11:00am-8:00pm and Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Please call 682-703-7048 or stop in to make an appointment.
- After hours, weekends, or holidays, please call 682-703-7048 for speak with a Mental Health Professional.
- Waco Learning Center and Midlothian Learning Center have a counselor partnered with Tarleton.
- Click here for more satellite learning center resources
We are here to serve all Tarleton students. Please be aware that our mental health professionals are licensed in Texas only, and, as such, virtual services will be limited to Texas locations.