Texan Card

The Texan Card is the university’s identification card issued to students, faculty, staff, and others. It is a photo ID with a magnetic stripe, and is used for a variety of things, such as building access, entry into on-campus events, and Texan Bucks, a stored-value debit system for use on and off-campus.

Your Texan Card gives you access to many Tarleton events and facilities. It is your admission to the Campus Recreation facility and to athletic and fine arts events. You must present your card to receive services at the Student Health Center located in Traditions North. If you live on campus, you will use your Texan Card to access your residence hall and meal plan.

How do I obtain my Texan Card?

You can now upload a photo for your Texan Card! Please follow the student upload instructions. Residence hall students will pick up their Texan Card at their hall during check-in. All other Stephenville students will pick up at the Texan Card office in Thompson Student Center Suite 21. Students attending in Fort Worth, Midlothian and Waco pick up their Texan Card at their respective locations.

If you are unable to upload your photo, come to Suite 21 of the Thompson Student Center on the main campus and be ready to smile. The first card is free! Replacements for lost, stolen or damaged cards can be purchased for $10.00. Please come to the Texan Card Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Your new Texan Card will void the previous card.

A government issued photo id must be presented to obtain your Texan Card. These include driver’s license, passport, military ID or state issued ID card.

Online photo upload is available regardless of location. Photos for the Texan Cards can also be taken at our campuses in Fort Worth, Waco, and Midlothian. Texan Cards for Waco and Midlothian will be printed and returned to the campus for pickup.

For additional information:

Do I get a new card every year?

Your Texan Card will be active as long as you are a student at Tarleton. If your card is damaged and/or no longer working and is more than one year old, you can bring it in for a free replacement. If you do not bring the current card into the office, a replacement will be treated as a lost card and the $10.00 replacement fee will apply.