Parenting while attending Tarleton
Family friendly activities at Tarleton
You may find some activities offered at Tarleton that welcome our community and families to participate. Review our calendar to explore options.
Explore resources for children and parenting classes for you at our Tarleton Center for Child Well-being
Know your rights, review Protection for Pregnant and Parenting Students
Tarleton Scholarships for parents
- Sara Hanson Scholarship for Parents Returning to Finish their Degree
- Second Chance Scholarship
- Zonta – Juanita Dixon Single Parent Scholarship
- John Garner Memorial Mathematics Scholarship
External Scholarships for parents
Parenting while in college can be both a joy and a challenge. Access to childcare can be difficult to find, as can funding for that care. If you would like to explore information related to childcare in the community email Student Resources & Basic [email protected].
- Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies – Explore reference sheets on public healthcare coverage programs.
If you are a full-time undergraduate student, assistance may be available for childcare while you are in school through the Child Care Services offered through the Texas Workforce Commission. Various child care facilities may accept CCS.
We know finding the right fit for you and your child(ren) can be a challenge. Learn more about Childcare options in your community.