Students who are enrolled in Computer Information Systems courses are eligible to receive free software to assist in the completion of course assignments. The software offered is as follows:
- Microsoft Imagine. Through the department partnership with Microsoft, software is available for CIS majors and students who are enrolled in BCIS courses. This software includes Visio, Visual Studio, .NET applications, and Windows operating systems. In order to access the software, you must have a username/password to access the site. Microsoft Imagine. All CIS majors receive an email with their username and instructions on registering for software. Should you have questions, please contact the department secretary, Deidra Newman at [email protected] or 254-968-9047.
- Oracle Software Oracle database software is available for CIS students through Tarleton’s membership in the Oracle Academic Alliance. Please contact your professor.
Student Internship Opportunities
- American Marketing Association (AMA) – Dr. Yi-Chia Wu
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) – Mr. Art Dearing or Dr. Del Nagy
- Book information can be found in the Class Schedule. Enter the semester you are interested in, find you class and the book info is at the bottom of each entry