Advising Resources

All master’s and doctoral students should meet with their advisor regarding assistance with or any changes to degree plans and approval for coursework transfers. The following resources are offered to guide you through your academic career at Tarleton State University.

Transfer Coursework

  • Master’s: No credit hours can be transferred from another institution, due to changes in principal certification requirements from TEA.
  • Doctoral: Up to twelve semester credit hours can be transferred from another post- secondary institution upon advisor approval to serve as electives in the doctoral coursework. 

Students seeking course transfer credit into the courses sequence must submit all of the following to their academic advisor for review:

  • Original transcript indicating the course number, name, credit hours, and grade as well as a copy of the course description narrative from the appropriate post-secondary institution catalog; and
  • Copy of the course syllabus and multiple examples of student work from the course.
  • Complete the course substitution form with the help of an academic advisor

Principal Certification Advisor

Dr. Cindy Edwards254-459-5655