President’s Guaranteed Scholarship Program – Transfer
The President’s Guaranteed Scholarship Program aligns with the 120-year vision of Tarleton’s founder and benefactor to provide a high-quality university education to students who otherwise might not have the chance. Tarleton State University will guarantee scholarship levels to entering transfer students who qualify.
Program Requirements for Transfers
To be considered for the President’s Guaranteed Scholarship Program you must be admitted to Tarleton, have 30 transferable hours completed prior to registration, complete the General Scholarship Application. Awards will be divided between fall and spring semesters based on full-time enrollment and be renewable for up to 3 years with satisfactory academic progress.
Students that transfer to Tarleton State University with a 2.0 GPA or higher and taking at least 6 credit hours will be guaranteed at an annual level between $500 and $2,500 as indicated in the table below.
The guaranteed amounts can be funded partially or completely by institutional and/or endowment funds.
Annual Minimum Guaranteed Award Levels
|Guaranteed Award Levels (All New Transfer Students)|
|12+ Credit Hours||$500||$1,000||$1,500||$2,000|
|9-11 Credit Hours||$375||$750||$1,125||$1,500|
|6-8 Credit Hours||$250||$500||$750||$1,000|
*If you are transferring to Tarleton from a Distinguished College Partner (Blinn College, Cisco College, Ranger College, Dallas College, Hill College, McLennan Community College, Navarro College, Tarrant County College District, Weatherford College), Tarleton will guarantee an annual award level between $1,000 and $2,500 depending on GPA and Course Load. See complete table on our Distinguished College Partner page.
*Only students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher may qualify for an out-of-state tuition waiver
Steps to Confirm Your Eligibility
Submit Your Admission Application
- Complete online application
- $50 application fee or submit fee waiver proof to [email protected]
- Official college transcripts from every regionally accredited institution you have attended
- If you have less than 30 transferable hours and less than a 2.8 GPA at the time of application submit your official high school transcript
Submit Your Scholarship Application
- Complete your Tarleton General Scholarship application(this step is required to receive an award)
Submit Your Financial Aid Application
- Complete your 2022-2023 FAFSA and include Tarleton on your application using school code 003631 (this step is strongly encouraged to maximize the amount of aid that we can provide to you!)