Department of Nursing
Department of Nursing Welcomes You
Welcome to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University. Our mission is to provide academically and clinically challenging programs that engage students in acquiring value-based understanding, attitude, knowledge and skills essential for professional nursing careers, responsible citizenship and leadership. We are delighted that you are considering the nursing program at Tarleton as your choice for advancing your education and your career.
A degree from Tarleton is an affordable choice both financially as well as in terms of your time. Originally established in 1976, Tarleton’s nursing program has a thirty-four year history of academic excellence in preparing graduates to professionally and competently care for patients. As one of 1,250+ alumni of the Tarleton Nursing Program, doors will be wide open to you. And, the time to become a nurse has never been better. With predictions that the Nursing shortage will continue for the next decade, a Nursing career will mean choices in work settings, types of positions, and security knowing that there is a well-paying and prestigious position waiting for you upon graduation.
Tarleton offers two programs: a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Both programs have traditional and alternate entry options. The traditional program for the BSN is designed for the prelicensure (generic) student who enters the program upon completion of a set of degree and application requirements. The alternate entry options for Tarleton's BSN program include LVN to BSN and RN to BSN. Registered nurses with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing are invited to apply to the MSN program. Registered nurses with an associate degree or diploma in nursing are invited to apply to the RN to MSN alternate entry option.
Our outstanding faculty and staff are ready to help you meet your educational needs in an environment that is engaging and interesting. As a TSU nursing student, you will be challenged to strive for excellence and professionalism in the classroom, clinical, and community settings. Please review this website for admission and program details and call to make an appointment with one of our faculty advisors. We are confident that your decision to join us will be a good one.
Program Accreditation. The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing program is fully accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing. The baccalaureate program at Tarleton State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
- ATTENTION - ONE TIME EVENT:
- The Department of Nursing will not accept applications from generic undergraduate entry (BSN) students for Spring 2014 due to the curriculum transition. Instead three pre-nursing courses will be offered for generic students during Spring 2014. Students taking the pre-nursing courses may apply for admission to the upper level, four semester BSN program for Fall 2014.
- The BSN program is accepting applications for the alternate entry options (LVN to BSN and RN to BSN) until August 1.
- Advising by Appointment Only. Please call 254-968-9139 for an appointment. Due to faculty responsibilities for supervision for off-campus student clinical experiences, we can not advise walk-ins. Appointments MUST be made by calling the nursing office at the number above.
- MSN Program Accepting Applications. Apply through the Tarleton College of Graduate Studies.