The Department of Biological Sciences provides a broad range of courses and other learning opportunities designed to prepare students for a diverse array of careers. Class size in advanced courses is usually small and offers individual attention. In the laboratories, students gain hands-on experience with the biological techniques and instrumentation used by biologists world-wide.
Faculty and students actively engage in a wide range of research areas including ecology, evolutionary biology, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and virology. All faculty involved in research serve as research mentors for motivated undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in participating in the process of scientific discovery.
News and Events
- Dr. Meik and colleagues document endogenous viral elements in rattlesnake genome
Sep 11, 2014
- 2014 Publications: Dr. Chris Higgins
Aug 12, 2014
- Student co-authors publication
Aug 09, 2014
- Field Research Assistants needed
Aug 01, 2014
- Student presents research, wins award
Jul 01, 2014
- Tim Huebner defends thesis
Oct 26, 2013