You can also support Tarleton Radio by donating your unwanted or unneeded motor vehicles to KTRL 90.5 FM. The process is easy and can be initiated online or by calling (855) 500-7433.

You’ll get a tax write-off while supporting public radio! View the Car Donation FAQ for more information.

Why should I donate?

There are several great reasons: 

  • You don’t want to worry about selling your vehicle. 
  • It is too expensive to repair your vehicle. 
  • You don’t trust your car to be safe on the road. 
  • You need a tax write-off. 
  • Your donation will help us bring you the quality public radio programming that you have come to expect. With your support, KTRL/Tarleton Public Radio can broadcast NPR news & entertainment programs, as well as your favorite classical, jazz and other music programs.

Does my car have to be running?

Does my car have to be registered?

No, but you must be the legal titleholder.

What if I lost the title?

Where do I sign my title?

What kind of paperwork will I receive?

You will receive a tow receipt when the vehicle is picked up. Thirty days after the vehicle is sold, you will receive an acknowledgement. If your vehicle sells for over $500, you will receive IRS Form 1098 B & C. 

How much can I take for my donation?

What will happen to my vehicle?

Your vehicle will be picked up by one of our courteous drivers and sold at auction. Cars are usually sold within 30 days of pick up. Some vehicles may take longer.

Is there a tow fee?

No. If you are out of our towing range, we can offer you the option to drop the vehicle off at our auction house at your convenience.

Are all cars sold at auction?

No. Occasionally, cars that are donated do not sell at auction. In those cases, the vehicles are sold for scrap metal.

Will I be notified when it sells?

Yes. If the vehicle sells for over $500 you will receive IRS Form 1098 B & C. If not, you will simply receive an acknowledgement as required by the IRS.

How soon can my vehicle be picked up?

What vehicles do you accept?

We take cars, boats (if they are on a trailer), motor homes, trucks, motorcycles (if they are operational), farm equipment, and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, jet ski, etc.) Call our representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies.