Search Degree Programs
English & Languages
The Department of English and Languages offers programs of study leading to the Bachelor of Arts in English and the Bachelor of Arts in Spanish. Secondary school certification is available for both programs. Additionally, the department offers minors in technical writing and English. On the graduate level, the department offers the Master of Arts in English.
Our mission is to provide excellent undergraduate education in English and foreign languages and a strong graduate program in English. We are dedicated to excellent teaching, concern for individual students, significant scholarship, and public service
The Department of English and Languages serves the Tarleton community by:
- Providing core curriculum courses in composition and literature, foreign language instruction, and support courses in technical writing.
- Providing assistance to students who need to bring their writing skills to university level expectations.
- Providing minors in English, Technical Writing, and Spanish for all majors who want to enhance their studies and their marketability.
- Providing courses leading to concentrations in English and Spanish for those seeking the Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Programs & Opportunities
Face challenges, return with a new perspective, experience foreign cultures and enhance your resume. Employers are looking for professionals with international and foreign language experience. Learn more about the opportunities in:
- Colombia (Semester & Summer)
- London (British Literature & Shakespeare)
- South Korea
English Honor Society
With nearly 900 chapters at universities in the United States and abroad, Sigma Tau Delta is an international English honors society founded in 1924. Sigma Tau Delta welcomes students who demonstrate scholastic excellence in the field of English and in their overall academic achievement. Eligibility begins at the junior level.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center is a free support services for students who need assistance in any stage of the writing process. Our consultants work with students from all classes, discipline. and degree plans to enhance writing skills. Students may drop in at their own convenience or email their work to the Writing Center.
The Langdon Review of Arts in Texas is an annual journal of Tarleton State University providing an overview of the year’s most exciting cultural accomplishments in Texas. The journal publishes poetry, short stories, essays, creative non-fiction, photography, and art. Students have the opportunity to submit proposals for consideration.