The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Founded in 1884, the IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization with a core purpose of fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. Its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its more than 420,000 members in over 160 countries, and its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
The society’s members include computer scientists, software developers, information technology professionals, physicists, medical doctors, and many others in addition to IEEE’s electrical and electronics engineering core.
The IEEE Student Branch
The IEEE Student Branch at Tarleton State University was formed in May 2020 to foster a community of students and educators with diverse interests in the fields of electronics, electrical engineering, and its associated technologies. Our current student members and faculty mentors are mainly from the Mayfield College of Engineering, but we happily welcome others with similar interests to becoming members of the student branch.
As a member, you will be part of a community comprised of 120,000 student members from 2,000 student branches worldwide! The following include some of the benefits for becoming an IEEE student member.
- Networking in your areas of interest and future profession.
- Connect with local professionals, academics, and the IEEE organization at large.
- Access to various Funds, Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships specific to student members to support your advancement to the next level.
- Opportunities to develop professionally and technically by participating in numerous competitions and events.
- Mentoring and educational support.
- Volunteering and leadership opportunities.
- And many more……
To learn more about the IEEE society for student members, please visit the following website.
For assistance with applying for membership, or details on the branch activities, please email the student branch officers.