The Engineering success center is a free tutoring service provided by the Mayfield College of Engineering. It is located in Engineering Building – Room 242. Our tutors are advanced undergraduate students who have strong background in their respective disciplines. Students are welcome to use the clinic as a place to complete homework assignments, and have a tutor there in case any questions arise.
What to bring with you to the clinic:
- Any notes from your class.
- Textbook, if required.
- Any old test/quizzes or homework you may have struggled with.
- Homework or assignments that you need help with.
Location: ENGR 242
We Tutor In The Following Courses:
- Math – Trig, Precal, Cal 1, 2, 3, and Differential Equations
- Physics 1 & 2
- ENGR 1211 – Engineering Fundamentals I
- ELEN 1212 – Intro to Electrical Engineering
- COSC 1302 – Intro to Computer Science
- COSC 1310 – Procedural Programming
- CHEM 1409 – Chemistry for Engineers
Tutoring Schedules will be posted on the door of ENGR 242 at the beginning of each semester.
Note: If these times do not work for you contact Tutoring and Learning Center as they offer free private tutoring corresponding with your schedule.
What To Expect
- Appointments are not required and wait times can vary depending on available tutors.
- To ensure fair service, tutoring sessions are limited to 30 min. They can be extended only if no other students are waiting in line for the same tutor. Please plan accordingly.
- You must be present during the entire tutoring session, you cannot just drop off work to be reviewed by a tutor.
If you have any suggestions, or if you would like to apply to be a tutor, please contact Dr. Jun Xu in ENGR 291 or email [email protected]
We are looking for tutors!