Welcome to the Texas Social Media Research Institute
We are pleased you are visiting the website of the Texas Social Media Research Institute at Tarleton State University. This institute is a cross-collaborative initiative consisting of faculty, staff, and students from various campuses who are focused on social media in Texas.
- To serve as the primary resource for: social media policy development, social media partnerships between organizations, and promoting positive community participation through social media.
- To provide undergraduate research experiences for Tarleton State University.
- To serve as a informational resource for governmental organizations (national, state, local), educational institutions, and non-profit organizations.
- To serve as a social media training and development resource for the greater Texas business and non-profit community (including One-Day Workshops for Social Media Professionals, Two-Day Social Media Camps).
If your non-profit organization or business would like to form a partnership with TSMRI, please contact us: 254-307-8211 or [email protected].
Meet Our TSMRI Scholars/Board Members
- Dr. Jennifer T. Edwards, Executive Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Dr. Karley Goen, Co-Director/Researcher
Meet Our TSMRI Undergraduate and Graduate Student Fellows
Our Social Media Faculty Fellows are:
- Ahmet Aksoy, Texas Tech University
Our Social Media Industry Fellows are:
- Renata Maron, Newco PayTV Group (Brazil)
- Anna Laurent, M.A., Tarleton State University
- Lauryn Harris, Tarleton State University
- Angela Castillo, Texas Wesleyan University
- Shitara Taylor, Tarleton State University
Our Social Media Graduate Fellows are:
- Sydney Brown, Tarleton State University
Our Social Media Undergraduate Fellows are:
- To Be Announced
For more information on the next Texas Social Media Conference conference, visit Texas Social Media Research.