Tarleton Summer Band Camp
This summer we have two band camps to choose from:
Tarleton High School Band Camp for students in grades 9-12 on Sunday, June 11th thru Thursday, June 15th
Tarleton Middle School Band Camp for students in grades 6-8 on Sunday, June 18th thru Thursday, June 22nd
Resident Camper – $349
Commuter Camper – $150
Check-in at 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm.
It is important to be here during the appointed check-in time to unpack in your room and audition. Check in will be held at Dorms. Campers will check into dorm room then proceed to Fine Art Center. Audition information can be found below under general information. Final concert for camp is on the last day of camp. Camp is dismissed immediately after concert.
Discounts for All-State Band members and siblings, email [email protected] for more information.
Application: Registration is now open.
For questions call 254-968-9130 or email [email protected]
Outstanding Camp Facilities
- Well qualified faculty and staff committed to excellence in music education
- Supervised student activities and recreation
- Bands and instrument classes designed to further students abilities
- Jr High Band Camp concert (parents are invited to attend the concert)
- Camp T-Shirt included!
- Block party including swimming/diving pool
- Campus Map This is an interactive map for parking and to find the Clyde H Wells Fine Arts Center.
Bring to camp
- Audition music below.
- Brass players: bring instrument, mouthpiece, valve oil, slide grease, and a pencil
- Woodwinds: bring instrument, mouthpiece, 3 good reeds, and a pencil
- Percussion: bring snare sticks, mallets, and a pencil.
- Bedding for a twin bed, towels, toiletries, swimsuits for pool. All rooms are furnished with mattress, dresser, fridge and microwave.
- High School Campers need to bring their instruments, a notebook, and a pencil or pen.
Audition information: All students will perform several scales and a short sight reading excerpt for proper ensemble placement.
Scales are available below for the listed instruments: