Information about Professional Licensure and Certification

In compliance with the U.S. Department of Education and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) for participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), Tarleton State University (Tarleton) provides the following professional licensure or certification information.

Before a student begins a program of study leading to professional licensure or certification with the intent to be licensed outside of the state of Texas, the student should: 

  • Review licensing or certification information provided for the applicable program(s)
  • Contact appropriate agency in the U.S. states and territories where licensure or certification is intended to obtain current information about requirements and confirm how a Tarleton program facilitates those requirements.

Not all of Tarleton’s programs are formally approved for professional licensure or certification outside of Texas. However, while a program may not be formally approved, it may still meet all or a portion of the academic requirements in other states and territories. Therefore, it may be necessary to contact the licensing or certification agency directly to find out if a Tarleton program will meet educational requirements.

Additionally, while progressing through any of these programs, it is recommended that students check agency requirements regularly to monitor for potential change that could affect licensure or certification plans.

For the programs Tarleton has not yet made a determination as to whether current professional licensure and certification program curricula meets educational requirements of areas outside of Texas that lead to licensure, the university continues to actively investigate reciprocity agreements.