Job Fair Opportunities
Job fairs are an excellent opportunity to speak to employers about career trends and potential employment opportunities. Listed below are the job fairs hosted by Tarleton State University plus others in the area.
Upcoming Job Fairs
|Part-Time Job Fair||August 30th||10 A.M. – 2 P.M.||Lonn Reisman Athletic Center|
|2022 Fall Mayfield College of Engineering Job Fair||September 21st||10 A.M. – 2 P.M.||Mayfield College of Engineering|
|2022 Fall Fort Worth Job Fair||October 18th||4 P.M. – 6 P.M.||Fort Worth Campus|
|2023 Mayfield College of Engineering Job Fair|
February 14th, 2023
|10 A.M. – 2 P.M.||UPDATE—(as of 2-1-23) DUE TO CONTINUED INCLEMENT WEATHER—the job fair will be postponed to Tuesday, February 14th|
|2023 College of Business Job Fair||February 8, 2023||10 A.M. – 2 P.M.||College of Business|
|2023 Teacher Job Fair||April 27, 2023||10 A.M. – 12 P.M.||Thompson Student Center-ballrooms|
Tips for Attending Job Fairs
- Dress appropriately and remember to bring copies of your resume.
- Know your resume and your background so you are able to tell an employer what you have to offer.
- Introduce yourself to employer representatives in a positive and confident manner. Smile, project enthusiasm and offer a firm handshake.
- Ask questions about career opportunities, specific job openings and the organization.
- Listen effectively. An employer representative may be able to refer you to another person who is better able to assist you.
- Collect company literature and business cards so you may follow up later.
- In addition to providing interviewing opportunities, job fairs will offer you the chance to network and build contacts. Keep track of the people you speak to and follow up with a thank you note.
- Ask about internship opportunities.
- Ask informational interviewing questions.
- Add employers and individuals on LinkedIn to maintain a professional relationship.