Welcome to the Texas Social Media Research Institute
We are pleased you are visiting the website of the new Texas Social Media Research Institute at Tarleton State University.
This institute is a cross-collaborative initiative consisting of faculty, staff, and students who are focused on social media in Texas.
Subscribe to TSMRI on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/TSMRI
Follow TSMRI on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TSMRI/
Read the TSMRI Blog - http://tsmri.blogspot.com/
TSMRI Coaches - Executive Team
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Alexandra Farrington
Conference Planning: Coach Torri Carroll
Conference Planning Content Team: Coach Bertie Gardner
External Account: Fort Worth Museum of Science and History (@FWMSH)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Katlyn Greening
Content Team: Coach Elba Orellana, Coach Jeffery Nwidobie
Internal Account: Tarleton Sustainability Initiative (@SustainableTSU)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Shavon Cashion
Content Team: Coach Ricky Harris
Internal Account: Texas Social Media Research Institute (@TSMRI)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Marisa Alvarez
Content Team: Coach Aissa Martinez, Coach Ashlyn Bracewell
Internal Account: TSU Nursing Department (@TSUNurses)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Kelsey Armstrong
Content Team: Coach Kaitlyn Tonkin
If your non-profit organization or business would like to form a partnership with TSMRI for the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters, please contact us: 254-307-8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide support, training, and research focused on social media for K-12 education, government, higher education, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- To provide social media support and coverage for non-profit organizations and businesses (Texas and beyond).
- To connect with practitioners to facilitate training sessions for faculty, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- To publish and present communication technology and social media research on the local, regional, and national levels.
- To provide research experience for undergraduate students at Tarleton State University.
- To serve as a resource for faculty and staff (across the nation) who are interested in conducting research on communication technology and social media.
TSMRI Board Members
- Dr. Jennifer T. Edwards, Executive Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Ms. Yvonne Mulhern, Co-Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Dr. Tony Edwards, Co-Director/Board Member/Researcher
- Dr. Karley Goen, Co-Director/Researcher
TSMRI Journal and Digital Presence Team
- Dr. Credence Baker, Journal Of Social Media in Society Editor (founding/past board member)
- Dr. Sarah Maben, Journal Of Social Media in Society Editor (founding/past board member)
- Mr. Justin Carrell, Digital Editor
Past TSMRI Board Members
- Ms. Cristi Horton, 2011-2013 Board Member/Researcher (founding/past board member)
- Dr. Paul Stafford, 2013-2014 Board Member/Researcher
- Dr. Kayla Peak, 2012-2013 Board Member
- Ms. Alana Hefner, 2012-2013 Board Member
Current interns can be reached at email@example.com