Tarleton Family Education Benefit Program
Beginning in Spring 2023, scholarship opportunities are available for Tarleton employees, their spouses, and dependents.
Please complete the above application for the new Tuition and Fee Benefit for the Employee, Spouse, and/or each Dependent.
Tarleton has defined eligibility for this benefit as follows:
• Full-time and part-time Faculty or Staff working in a budgeted, benefits-eligible position with Tarleton.
• Tarleton Employees must have completed six (6) months of employment in a budgeted, benefits-eligible to be eligible for this program.
• Tarleton Retirees under TRS or ORP programs.
• Student Workers, Graduate Student Employees, Adjuncts, and Visiting Professors are not eligible.
- IRS Code Section 132(h) allows spouses and qualified dependents to be considered when receiving this benefit. IRS guidelines define a qualified dependent in Publication 501. Employees will be required to certify the eligibility of each dependent requesting this benefit.
Deadlines for Tarleton Family Education Benefit Program
Eligible employees and/or eligible benefits apply for the benefit by completing the Tarleton Family Education Benefit application which must be submitted by the following dates.
You must apply and submit by the deadline to receive the benefit for the specified term. No payments will be applied retroactively. No credits will be applied for prior terms. No refund will be included in your financial aid refund package for this benefit.
- Fall Term- July 15th
- Spring Term- December 15th
- Summer Term- April 1st
General Scholarship Application
The general scholarship application is also available for Tarleton employees, their spouses and children/ dependents. Most university awards require full-time attendance.