Find out how you can get teacher certified fast!
Learn more about the TMATE program
Tarleton Model for Accelerated/Alternative Teacher Education (TMATE) Program
The TMATE program is an exemplary accelerated teacher certification program in Texas with a mission to encourage, engage, and empower our interns. TMATE Interns earn a Master of Arts in Teacher Education, as they complete teacher certification. We partner with school districts to develop Texas teachers who:
- build relationships with students, parents, community and teammates;
- provide instruction and classroom environments conducive to learning; and
- collaborate using student data to ensure all students learn.
Watch Information Video (after entering the presentation library and registering), or attend an information meeting by selecting a link below to learn more about this program!
Have questions? Want to learn more about the TMATE program? Click below to see a schedule of upcoming information sessions.
Why Choose TMATE?
- - All courses apply to a master’s degree.
- - Pre-internship courses are completed in a semester.
- - Courses are offered fall, spring and summer.
- - Mentors and university field supervisors provide support and encouragement.
- - We ensure our interns’ success!
Dr. Elizabeth Garcia, Coordinator