What to Expect from Tutoring
What our Tutors Cannot Do
- Teach material you missed in your class (tutoring is not a makeup event for classroom instruction).
- Help you with a take home test or quizzes of any kind.
- Do your homework assignment for you, nor guide you through your homework assignment.
- Guarantee a higher grade, or that your work is error-free. All student work is the student’s responsibility.
If You Use our Services Please Consider the Following
- The TLC does not offer tutoring in every possible subject, but our tutors can assist you with the study skills which can contribute to future success in any course. View our available tutored courses.
- One of the keys to success in your course is class attendance.
- Seeking tutoring as early as possible will allow for more time to gain understanding of the course content. If you struggle with a subject, seek tutoring out early and take advantage of Supplemental Instruction Sessions (if offered).
- Come to your tutoring session ready to learn. Read assigned chapters and notes before your tutoring appointment. Bring your text, notes, calculators, paper, pencils, or other class specific material needed to work through problems.
- Do not ask or expect a tutor to help you cram for a test. Preparation for your tutoring session will make it much more productive and efficient.