Skip to page content

Financial Aid

Loans & Grants

Some students studying abroad in the summer can receive a federal and/or private loan. All undergraduate and graduate students are required to have at least half-time status at Tarleton to be eligible to apply for and receive federal and state loans and grants.

Loans and grants are administered by the Financial Aid Office, visit the Financial Aid site for complete information and application instructions.

Applying for Financial Aid used towards a Study Abroad Program

  • Complete Study Abroad application
  • Complete FAFSA
    • To use federal and/or state financial aid (i.e. Stafford loans, Texas grants, Pell grants, etc.) you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application on the Federal Student Aid site.
  • Complete Financial Aid Application
    • Schedule a time to meet with a financial aid advisor from the Financial Aid Office. Bring all relevant information at the time of the meeting. Depending on the time of year and your program type, you may need to follow up with the financial aid advisor at a later date to secure an answer or determine your options. Make sure you keep the name of the financial aid advisor you meet with in order to expedite the follow up process if needed.