Campus Recreation has resumes operations for the fall, engaging students in exercise, leadership development and community building while emphasizing physical distancing and adhering to local, state and federal public health recommendations. Face coverings are required when not actively working out.
Because physical distancing cannot be guaranteed in all interior spaces, face coverings shall be worn in the following areas including, but not limited to, all hallways, classrooms, labs, restrooms, elevators and offices.
Although face coverings are the preferred method to meet the Gov. Greg Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-29), face shields are permitted in lieu of a face covering. Face shields should extend below the chin and wrap around the wearer's face.
Safety precautions are in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Face coverings required when not actively working out.
- Increased sanitation stations throughout the facility, and students are required to sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Equipment disinfected by student staff throughout the day.
- Clear barriers installed at the front desk counter.
- Physical distancing signage posted throughout.
- Capacity counts conducted every 30 minutes, then posted on the Campus Recreation webpage.
- Face coverings and gloves provided to all student and professional staff employees.