Skip to page content

Special Permission Courses

Some courses require special permission before they can be dropped. These include developmental-level courses and freshman-level Math and English courses. Undergraduate students requesting to drop a course that requires special permission must obtain the appropriate approval before submitting the Course Drop Request Form.

The following courses may be dropped only under special circumstances:

MATH 0303, 0304
MATH 1314, 1332
ENGL 1301, 1302

Undergraduate students requesting to drop a course which requires special permission must contact the appropriate person listed below before submitting the course drop request form

The form will not be processed if the special permission form is missing.

International Students

In order to remain in compliance with federal regulations and maintain status as an F-1 or J-1 international student, you must be enrolled as a full-time student.

  • Undergraduate Full-time Status: 12 hours
  • Graduate Full-time Status: 9 hours

International students must receive approval from an international student advisor before dropping a course. Email International Programs, or call 254-968-9632 for more information.