Theatre at Tarleton performs four mainstage productions and two children's shows each year. Auditions are open to anyone on campus and you do not have to be a theatre major to participate. Auditions for "Murder on the Orient Express" will be held on August 18 at 7:00 PM in Room 103 o the Fine Arts Center.
The Gallery in the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center presents seven exhibitions per year, including two senior exhibits and one juried student exhibit. The Gallery is open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays and admission is always free.
The Fine Arts Center opened in 1980 as the largest, most state of the art fine arts center in North and West Texas. Its 89,000 square feet are always filled with music, art, digital media, and theatre. The Fine Arts Center Gallery and all of the performances are open not only to students but to members of the community.
Season at the Clyde!
Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 Season at the Clyde!
The Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center sits in the very heart of the Stephenville campus.
First built in 1978, the Fine Arts Center has been providing quality entertainment and access to the arts for both Tarleton students and residents of the Cross Timbers area since it opened in 1980. The Center currently hosts an average of 300 events per year. It also houses the Department of Performing Arts and the Department of Visual Arts.
The Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center is excited to host a full slate of plays and concerts for the 2022 – 2023 season. Our Spring Semester begins with a guest concert sponsored by the Cross Timbers Fine Arts Council featuring Cellist Evan Drachman and Pianist Richard Dowling of the Piatigorsky Foundation out of New York on January 24 at 6:30 PM in the Theater of the Fine Arts Center.
Upcoming Events for Fall 2022!
- September 8 – ULTRA Club Meet and Greet
- September 20 – 24 – Theatre at Tarleton Presents “Murder on the Orient Express”
- September 25 – Wind Ensemble Concert
- September 27 – Symphonic Band Concert
- October 3 – Chris Jordan (Baritone) and Cindy St. Clair (Piano) Guest Artist Recital: Songs of the Soul: An Evening of Music by African Composers
- October 4 – Jazz 2 and 3 Concert
- October 5 – Christian Bester (Vocalist) Guest Artist Recital
- October 6 – Creative Arts Day
- October 6 – Jazz 1 Concert
- October 7 – Choir Concert
- October 10 – Ivo Ivanov (Strings) Faculty Recital
- October 14 – 15 – Texans Sing with Guest Conductor Chris Harris
- October 15 – Stage Combat Seminar with Ashley White
- October 20 – Dr. J. Bradley Baker Faculty Recital: Off the Beaten Path – Rare Gems of the Piano Repetoire
- October 22 – Theatre at Tarleton Presents the Fall Young People’s Series Show The Many Disguises of Robin Hood
- October 24 – Horn Masterclass with Jeffery Powers
- November 1 – 5 – Theatre at Tarleton Presents The Tarleton Theatre Showcase
- November 6 – Connor Chee Guest Pianist and Composer: Indigenous Composers and the Music of Connor Chee
- November 7 – Latin Band Concert
- November 8 – Chamber Ensembles Concert
- November 14 – Percussion Concert – “Higuita! Tarleton Percussion Ensemble”
- November 15 – Symphonic Band Concert
- November 17 – Wind Ensemble Concert
- November 18 – Musical Theatre Performance
- November 20 – Jazz 2 and 3 Concert
- November 21 – Jazz 1 Concert
- November 28 – Holiday Collage Concert
- December 3 – Masterworks Concert