Timeline by Semester
- University SACSCOC Reaccreditation Steering committee (USRS) fully operational and distributes first report on data availability and reported uses
- Quality Enhancement Plan committee (QEP) to be organized. Will work closely with USRS
- Visit with reaccreditation team at some University that has recently been reaccredited (potentially UNT)
- Naming of new university SACSCOC Liaison
- SACSCOC Summer Institute (Atlanta, GA – July 22-25) SACSCOC Liaison and USRS and QEP co-chairs as potential attendees
- USRS subcommittees to facilitate in “repairing” missing evidence needed for reaccreditation – writing can begin on “compliant” sections with first draft due December 3 (Deliverable #5)
- Subcommittees with concerns from Spring deliverables should have a plan in place with the Co-Chairs by October 15
- Internal Editor will help design the style guide for the documents, will perform an initial editing on the rough drafts.
- Discussion of external editor
- QEP process starts with meetings of the QEP Committee and discussion with Colleges.
- Create a list of potential topics from QEP for university consideration. Thought having been given to tie-in to University Strategic Plan, Student Success and Student Learning.
- SACSCOC Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA – December 8-11) University Administrators will be attending the organizational meeting for the 2021 reaccreditation cohort.
- QEP discussions with various groups seeking decision on a topic with continued thought to University Strategic Plan
- Internal Editor return edits from first draft to Sub-committees by early February
- Re-write of first draft of Compliance Report by Sub-committees by April 15
- SACSCOC co-chairs to coordinate the selection of a local mock Off-site review team to be operational in Fall 2019. Potentially may wish to select a local mock On-site review team to be operational in Spring 2020.
- Research utilizing an external consultant for compliance report review.
- Run mock Faculty Roster for 18-19 and review – April 30 – June 5
- Comments and edits complete on second drafts of Compliance Report by Internal Editor by June 5
- Re-write of Compliance Report drafts by Sub-committees as needed June and July
- SACSCOC Summer Institute — Dallas, TX — July 21-24
- University VPs, SACSCOC liaison, and University President sign-off on Draft of Compliance Report to go to mock Off-site review team in Fall 2019 — due to cabinet Aug. 15.
- Begin external financial audit of 2018-2019 fiscal year
- Input from Mock Off-site review team — due October 1
- Update and submit to external review consultant — due November 1
- Consider when to schedule visit by SACSCOC Vice President
- SACSCOC Annual Meeting — Houston, TX — December 7-10. This may be an opportunity for several from Tarleton to both attend and/or make presentations
- Mock On-site review team (local). = Likely inclusion of visit to at least one non-Stephenville campus
- QEP topic choice to be made by university and decisions made about budget for QEP and decisions about likely “slow roll out” in Fall 2020
- Complete external financial audit of 2018-2019 fiscal year
- SACSCOC Summer Institute — Orlando, FL — July 19-22. Committee chairs and those most involved in writing of reports and coming implementation of QEP should attend
- There should be discussion of likely dates and such related to coming On-site team visit (March 8-11, 2021)
- University approval by President, VPs, and SACSCOC Liaison of Compliance Report to be submitted to SACSCOC Off-site Review Team
- Submission of Compliance Report to SACSCOC Off-site Review Team
- Report received from SACSCOC Off-site Review Team
- Entire university must be poised to respond to comments from SACSCOC Off-site Review Team in a matter of a few weeks and to produce a Focus Report well before the On-site visit coming in Spring 2021.
- Fix dates for On-site team visit in Spring 2021
- SACSCOC Annual Meeting — Nashville, TN — December 5-8. Opportunity for clarification from COC Vice President about current status of university statements about Off-site team review and likely final arrangements for On-site review team visit
- All hands on deck
- Everyone at the university should be aware of the proposed QEP topic
- SACSCOC On-site review team visit on April 12-15, 2021
- Top university administrators and key committee members must be prepared to respond to requests for information that may come from SACSCOC after the On-site review team visit.
- SACSCOC Summer Institute (site not yet specified)
- Everyone ready to take care of any items that can be addressed
- QEP topic approved by SACSCOC On-site Review Team to be implemented. Assessment processes will need to be in place
- SACSCOC Annual Meeting (site not yet specified) – Announcement of Tarleton State University reaccreditation by SACSCOC
- If there are minor issues identified in the SACSCOC reaccreditation then university must plan for appropriate response
- Continued and continual emphasis on uses of assessment
- Data collection and assessments concerning QEP
- Implement continuous Reaffirmation process
- Move toward Fifth-Year Interim Report