Skip to page content
Student smiling at a table

Manage my Aid

Learn more about accepting your award, viewing your award history, as well as how loans are disbursed.

If you or your family’s financial situation has changed substantially since completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you can submit a Special Circumstances Appeal for reconsideration of your financial need for the 2020-2021 Aid Year (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021).

How to

  1. Log into your myGateway account
  2. Select DuckTrax
  3. Choose Online Services and Financial Aid
  4. Choose Financial Aid
  5. Select Award
  6. Choose Award for Aid Year
  7. Select the Current Year
  8. Select the Accept Award Offer tab
  9. Accept/Decline Award

All students will receive award notification electronically, this will be sent to your email.

Post Loan Processing

After your loan has been processed you can:

  • Reduce Your Loan
  • Request an Increase
  • Cancel Your Loan

To request an increase or cancel your loan you will need to submit a Revision Request in myGateway. To reduce your loan, email a request to the Office of Financial Aid.

Steps to Submit a Loan Revision Request

Title IV Authorization

In order to use Federal Student Aid funds to pay for allowable education related charges other than tuition, fees, and room and board, you must complete a Title IV Authorization.

How to Complete the Title IV Authorization

How Loans are Disbursed

Tarleton first applies all of your financial aid to your student account including student loan proceeds (this does not include student work). After the payment of tuition, required fees, and room and board (if you live on campus) have been withdrawn from your total aid, a credit may result.

The credit will be returned to you in the form of a refund via Tarleton's service BankMobile.