Through its Academic Diversity Initiative, Academic Affairs at Tarleton State University is committed to supporting diverse faculty and for providing students with in-classroom experiences focused on diversity, equity, and/or inclusion.
About Academic DEI
The Academic Diversity Initiative is focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion for the faculty at Tarleton State University. We have two primary goals:
- Goal 1 – To increase the number of diverse faculty at Tarleton.
- Goal 2 – To integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in the curriculum and high impact practices at Tarleton State University.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Involves the Entire University
While our mission is focused on supporting faculty, we also support and promote the diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of numerous offices and centers at Tarleton State University including, but not limited to the following:
Center for Educational Excellence
Diversity and Inclusion (Student Engagement and Success)
Academic DEI Working Groups
Our Current Working Groups Include:
- Diversity and Careers Initiative focused on the Curriculum (with HR and Career Services)
- Texas Academic Diversity Group focused on Faculty Recruitment and DEI Curriculum Efforts (Texas A&M University System)
- New Working Group – Tarleton Academic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Innovation Group
- New Working Group – Undergraduate Social Work Group focused on Academic Innovation
- New Working Group – Graduate Communication Studies Working Group on Academic Diversity Communication Plan
Upcoming Working Groups
- Upcoming Working Group – Title III Grant
- College Listening Tour
January 28, 2021 – Tarleton State University adopts technology to modernize faculty hiring and advancement