B.S. in Public Administration
“Educating Tomorrow’s Public Servants”
The Bachelor of Science in Public Administration equips students with knowledge and skills that cover a wide range of topics and disciplines related to the public sector. Students acquire knowledge about government bodies and agencies, including municipal, state and federal operations in areas such as intergovernmental relations, human resource management, public policy and budgeting and finance.
The Bachelor’s in Public Administration at Tarleton State University – RELLIS will prepare students to pursue a graduate degree and/or provide graduates with a unique skill set applicable to all related fields.
Jump Right In
Public Administration is projected to be one of the fastest growing segments of the employment market over the next 10 to 15 years, with careers in the public sector, including nonprofits and non-governmental organizations providing public goods and services. Students capitalize on their motivation to serve the public, and making a difference in neighborhoods, communities and beyond.
Designed With You in Mind
Public Administration hones students’ skill sets in many areas, such as:
- Problem solving
- Evidence-based decision making
- Professional presentations
- Managing people and projects
- Research methods
Public administration is the “what” of government, where the rubber meets the road from policy to action. Professionals address public policy processes and issues. They practice the ideals of democracy, democratic action and public service to achieve such goals as equity, social justice, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
120 Credit Hours (4 years)
- Admission to Tarleton State University – Undergraduate Studies
- The application deadlines are August 17, 2021 for Fall admission and January 11, 2022 for Spring admission.
Not what you were looking for? Tarleton State University offers over 100 different degrees and certifications that may be of interest to you, including:
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.A.A.S. Criminal Justice Administration
- B.A.A.S. Public Administration
- M.P.A. Public Administration
Plan Your Future
A Bachelor of Science in Public Administration can lead to career options and areas such as:
- Variety of public, nonprofit, and non-governmental organizations delivering goods and services at the federal, state, and local levels
- City and County Managers / Assistant City and County Managers
- Finance Directors
- Accounts Receivable
- Emergency Management
- Firefighting, policing, probation
- Public Works, Museums, Libraries, Transportation
- Public Health, Agriculture, Public Education Administration
Opportunities will exist among a list of public sector organizations from city, county to state, nonprofits and NGOs.
Career Services offers students a wide variety of professional development opportunities that can translate into careers. A few of these programs include:
- Career counseling and My Plan
- Mock interviews
- Resume assistance
- Texan Shadow
- And many more!
- Expand the students’ knowledge of public administration,
- Provide students with a broad-based education, and
- Provide students with the skills and knowledge require to successfully navigate the competitive process to advance within career opportunities.
Facilities and Features
The Texan Corps of Cadets are instilled with values that are essential for the service of our nation, and are exceptionally qualified to succeed in several areas of business, government, and the military. Corps members can benefit from scholarships, corporate internships, and graduation reward opportunities, as well as with the option to minor in Leadership Studies.