Online Master of Science in Management
Tarleton State’s online Master of Science (M.S.) in Management prepares professionals to become effective leaders throughout their business management careers. Our graduate management program has been ranked #36 among the best management master’s programs in the nation by FTE Times.
We are proud of our national recognition, but more importantly, we are proud of our customizable and affordable M.S. in Management that advances our students’ careers. Classes are 100% online, and no leveling classes are required for enrollment. Depending on your concentration, you may be able to complete our online Master’s in Management in as quickly as a year.
What is Business Management?
Spanning a variety of industries, a career in business management involves the managerial work necessary to keep an enterprise running smoothly and strategically. Advancing to this leadership position often requires specialized expertise, an understanding of business strategy and analysis, and the aptitude to be a leader.
M.S. in Management Concentrations
With partnerships and collaborations across the entire university, Tarleton offer the following concentrations for you to choose from:
- Business Analytics prepares you to interpret and determine business information needs, analyze business data, and communicate results with business management and leadership.
- Employment Relations provides students the ability to develop necessary knowledge and skills to enhance diversity within organizations, assess employee performance, resolve conflict, and create a positive employee experience for greater, positive business results.
- Executive Communication prepares you to work at the executive level as an expert writer.
- Human Resource Management helps you accelerate your career and build leadership potential.
- Logistics hones in on developing in-demand skills leaders need to drive strategy and success in today’s ever-evolving business world.
Non-Thesis Track – 30 Credit Hours (12 months)
Thesis Track – 30 Credit Hours (12 months)
- Management and Leadership prepares you for higher levels of business management and leadership as an emerging executive.
- Marketing stresses the importance of progressive leadership, covering strategic approaches to assessing industry, mobilizing individuals and teams for organizational success and longevity.
- Recreation and Sports prepares you to run, own, or manage facilities in the recreation or sport arena.
- Self-Design provides added flexibility to choose your graduate education and business management career path, allowing you to blend course work and content from different disciplines into a unique business management program experience.
- Small and Family Business directs student learning towards refining ideas of owning and leading small and/or family businesses.
- Social Media Strategy prepares you as an emerging executive to understand, manage, and leverage social media in the modern marketing and business environment.
- Supply Chain Management provides advanced knowledge and skillsets applicable in various industries.
To increase the value of your online master’s degree in management, many of these concentrations either integrate professional certification into the curriculum or prepare you for state and national certification exams.
What can you do with a master’s degree in Management?
After completing your online master’s in management, your career in business can vary widely, from project and team management to operations and executive management.
These are just a few examples of business management career opportunities within our specialized concentrations:
- Business Analytics: Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Performance Analyst
- Executive Communication: Communications Consultant, Public Relations and Communications Manager, Communications Strategist, Editorial Director
- Human Resource Management: Administrative Director, Strategy Analyst, Human Resources Manager, Management Analyst, Training and Development Manager
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Purchasing Agent or Manager, Contract Administrator, Logistics Director, Supply Chain Administrator
- Management and Leadership: Administrative Director, Department or Business Manager, Strategy Associate, Market Analyst
- Recreation and Sports: Facility Manager, Physical Therapy Clinic Manager, Director of Parks and Recreation, Program Supervisor
- Self-Design: Entrepreneur, Small Business Owner, Franchise Owner
- Social Media Strategy: Engagement Coordinator, Content Strategist, Digital Media Producer, Director of Social Media Communications, Internet Marketer, Media Coordinator
Learn more about graduate studies at Tarleton!
Why study Management online?
Through theory and practice, the online master’s in management offered at Tarleton provides professional development as well as management training. By completing your degree online, you have both the inherent flexibility of coursework combined with an accredited business education that provides the specialized skills that employers seek.
You can design your graduate program to support your business management career. We offer a variety of ways to get the management training and experience you need through seminars, internships, research projects, and more.
Our M.S. in Management focuses on marketable skills and knowledge, such as project management, data analytics, and organizational behavior. Our concentration options integrate skill-building and even professional certification opportunities into the curriculum.
Tarleton State University has maintained its affordable cost to attend college, striving to make our degree within reach to emerging executives. To help make graduate school even more affordable, you may qualify for student scholarships from the College of Graduate Studies or federal financial aid.
Reflecting our commitment to affordability, our graduate program has been ranked the #9 Most Affordable Online Master’s in Management programs by College Choice.
What classes will you take as a Management graduate student?
The curriculum for our online management degree combines graduate management courses with a specialized concentration that allows you to customize half of your course work. Course topics in the concentrations include social media analytics, new communication technology, intercultural technical writing, grant and proposal writing, managing information systems, law for sport and recreation, econometrics, and sports finance.
Certain concentrations have an optional thesis track, which allows you to design and conduct your own research project that can help you prepare for doctoral degree programs.
View all required classes for the online Master’s in Management degree.
Tarleton’s online Master of Science in Management is accredited by the ACBSP, confirming our strong commitment to high-quality business education and fostering our students’ business management careers.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
In our customizable, online master’s in management program, you’ll have opportunities to connect with your peers as current and future leaders in related business programs.
An online Master’s in Management degree provides a convenient format to advance your education on your schedule without sacrificing your learning or the program’s rigor. Share diverse perspectives and experiences with graduate students across the state of Texas and around the world in an innovative and engaging learning environment.
Business partnerships throughout Texas facilitate experience in our specialized concentrations. For example, the business analytics program has relationships with businesses throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex to provide engaging experiences in business and management training.
What master’s degree programs are related to Management?
- MBA in Business Administration
- MS in Human Resources Management
- MA in Communication Studies
- MA in English (Technical Communication and Rhetoric Concentration)
- MS in Kinesiology (Sport Administration Concentration)
- MS in Quality and Engineering Management
Learn more about Tarleton’s Online Master’s in Management
Tarleton State University offers an online Master of Science in Management degree designed to jumpstart or advance your business career. Our specialized concentrations are a unique opportunity to customize your graduate management program to fit your career aspirations.
Request information to learn more about earning an online M.S. in Management through Tarleton State University.