B.B.A. in Management
This degree strives to provide students with the planning, problem-solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills needed to succeed in their roles as managers and leaders in their future careers. The BBA Management begins with a broad foundation in management. Students complete courses in international business, organizational behavior, human resources, production and operations management, and strategy in the program core. From there, students can choose courses that align with their interests in the areas of leadership, entrepreneurship, small business, international management, and project management.
The program has the following courses available to select from:
- Small Business Management
- International Entrepreneurship
- Innovation and Creativity in Business
- International Management
- International Business
- Managing Diversity in Organizations
- Human Resources Courses including:
- Strategic Compensation
- Staffing Organizations
- Negotiations & Conflict Resolution
- Employee and Labor Relations
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Not what you were looking for? Tarleton State University offers over 100 different degrees and certifications that may be of interest to you, including:
120 credit hours (4 years)
- Stephenville, Fort Worth1, Waco1, Online1
- 1Admission to the off-campus locations such as Fort Worth, Waco, and Online require a minimum of 24 transferable credit hours, a 2.0 GPA and that a student be TSI complete.
- Prepare students to meet the demands of today’s challenging and competitive workforce
- Prepare students for entrance into graduate school
- Provide students with examples of real-life business management problems
- Prepare students to apply common business practices while working individually and in groups
- Prepare students to work in and lead high-performance teams
- Prepare students to communicate in the modern business setting
|MGMT||2301||Principles of Management|
|MGMT||3302||Human Resource Management|
|MGMT||4321||Production and Operations Management|
For more information on courses, please refer to the university catalog.
Plan Your Future
The B.B.A. Management degree prepares students for career opportunities as managers in corporations, small businesses, family businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and government agencies.
Some examples of career titles include:
- Operations Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Planner
Tarleton State University currently offers study abroad business classes in:
Career Services offers students a wide variety of professional development opportunities that can translate into careers. A few of these programs include:
- Job fairs
- Mock interviews
- Resume clinics
- Texan Shadow
And much more!
Facilities and Features
The Tarleton State University SHRM chapter is nationally affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management. Through a variety of activities, the chapter provide professional development, leadership and scholarship opportunities, as well as social and civic events.
Delta Mu Delta is an honor society for students who are pursuing a business-related degree. Becoming a member of Delta Mu Delta is an honor indicative of earnest, intelligent purpose and rewarding achievement.
CEO is an organization with more than 500 chapters on campuses worldwide. As a student organization, CEO offers excellent networking opportunities and serves as an informational resource for prospective entrepreneurs.