B.S. in Agriculture Services and Development
The Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Services and Development is a flexible program that provide the option to pick a specialized aspect of the agriculture industry. The same basic agriculture courses are require but become more centered around the concentration that you choose to follow. There are four concentrations currently offered:
- Agricultural Science with Teacher Certification
- Agricultural Communication
- Agri-industries and Agencies
Not what you were looking for? Tarleton State University offers over 100 different degrees and certifications that may be of interest to you, including:
120 credit hours (4 years)
Plan Your Future
The Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Services and Development offers 10-week internships for each concentration:
- Student teaching under Agricultural Science with Teacher Certification
- An internship based off of career interest under Agri-Industries and Agencies
- An internship in a related area under Agricultural Communications
- An internship in a related area under Horticulture
Examples of potential careers with a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Services and Development:
- Agriculture teacher at a high school level
- Extension agents
- Agricultural communicator
- Floral designer
- Agricultural consultant
- Agriculture sales
And much more!
Career Services offers students a wide variety of professional development opportunities that can translate into careers. A few of these programs include:
- Resume assistance
- Job fairs
- Mock interviews
- Career counseling
And much more!
- The Agriculture Science with Teacher Certification concentration provide students with the skills and knowledge that are necessary in becoming a teacher of Agricultural Science or related subject matter in public schools, or pursue employment with governmental and agricultural businesses and industries.
- The Agricultural Communication concentration provide students with a solid foundation in both agricultural knowledge and communication skills.
- The Agri-industries & Agencies concentration prepares students for a career in agricultural business, industry, agriculture extension, and government agency settings.
|AGSD||2311||Applied Agricultural Analysis|
|AGSD||3101||Analysis of Agricultural Occupations|
|AGSD||3302||Agricultural Sales and Services|
|AGSD||3307||Land Surveying and Soil/Water Conservation Practices|
|AGSD||4350||Animal Related Systems|
For more information on courses, please refer to the university catalog.
Facilities and Features
The AGSD Teacher Certification degree program has a long-running reputation of being one of the largest programs of its kind in the nation. For several years, we have certified more high school Agricultural Science teachers than any other university in the United States. Our program has an excellent reputation with school administrators, as well as with the Agricultural Industry. Our existing pool of graduates have contributed to a large number of Agricultural teachers in Texas.
Study abroad opportunities are offered to agricultural students in locations such as:
- South Africa
- The Czech Republic
- Agriculture sales
We strive to enrich the learning experiences of our students through the utilization of facilities such as:
- The Horticulture Center
- The Agriculture Center
- The Teaching Pavilion
Our department encourages students to get involved in agriculture-focused organizations such as:
- Tarleton Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow
- Collegiate FFA