What You Need to Apply
What is Considered Transferable Credit?
Transferable credit is college-level academic credit completed at a regionally accredited institution. Credits considered developmental, remedial, technical, or vocational will not transfer for admission purposes. Students wishing to utilize technical or vocational courses should consult an advisor.
Credit completed at a non-regionally accredited institution may be reviewed for articulation at the student’s request. Credit must be considered academic and the instructor is required to hold a minimum of 18 graduate credits in the course discipline. The student will be required to submit the following information:
- Documentation from the institution stating the instructor of the course as well as their curriculum vitae/educational background.
- Contact information of who provided the above documentation.
- Any additional documentation requested by Transfer Services.
Documentation may be delivered via the following methods:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- Mailed to Transfer Services Box T-0030 Stephenville, TX 76402
- Delivered in person to any campus.
Requirements for Admission
- A transient student must be returning to their home institution immediately following attendance at Tarleton State University.
- If a student chooses to continue with enrollment at Tarleton State University after one semester, the student must submit a new application and official transcripts from all schools previously attended before the student will be allowed to register for any subsequent semester.
Students must request their home institution to send their official transcript to us. We accept official transcripts via the following methods:
Electronically through (provide [email protected] if a recipient email is requested):
- National Student Clearinghouse
Emailed officially from the institution to [email protected]
Mailed in a sealed envelope to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
General Education information can be found on the catalog under General Education Requirements.