Skip to page content
Students on the T-Bench

Transfer, Readmit, and Transient Applicants

Many students have college credit after high school graduation. Post-baccalaureate students who have already graduated are also included. Please review classifications below to determine your requirements.

Transfer Scholarships Check my Admission Status

Application Deadlines

Term Priority Deadline Enforced Deadline
Summer 2018 May 1 July 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Fall 2018 1st 8 week May 1 August 24 at 5:00 p.m.
Fall 2018 2nd 8 week May 1 October 12
Spring 2019 1st 8 week December 1 January 11 at 5:00 p.m.
Spring 2019 2nd 8 week December 1 March 8

Who is Considered a Transfer Student?

Students who have earned transferable college level credit at an accredited institution the fall semester or later after high school graduation are considered transfer students. College credits earned prior to high school graduation (dual-credit) and courses taken immediately following high school graduation (during the summer) will classify you as a first-time freshman.

In addition to standard transfers, applicants may also have special requirements specific to their classification. Please review special requirements for your classification:

Active Military or Veteran
Post Baccalaureate Student
International Transfer Students
Off-Campus Transfer Students
Transient Student

Academic Advising Guides

Academic Advising Guides are available for each program offered at Tarleton State University. These are designed for students attending any public institution in the State of Texas. The guides enable students to choose courses that will work toward his/her degree at Tarleton while attending another institution.

All Tarleton degree programs are comprised of the same core with each degree program having special provisions. These provisions are noted on each Academic Advising Guide.

If you have any questions regarding transfer of courses, please send an email to the Office of Transfer Services.

Additional Information

General Education information can be found on the catalog under General Education Requirements.